Monday 18 March 2013

S is for . . . So it begins

This week is the start of my get Tri ready challenge!

I have devised a training plan for the week that will hopefully help me not only get fit, but healthy too. I am at a happy weight at the moment, so i'm not so much doing this to lose kilos, but to help get my fitness from, well nothing. To hopefully able to complete a triathlon in a few short months.

So here is a basic look at my week and how I will be fitting exercise in. Trust me, If I can do it, so can you!

Monday!

When Ethan goes down for his afternoon nap I will use The Biggest Loser for half an hour. Followed by my simple 5 minute super work out! Fastest way to get your body pumping!

Tuesday!

After dinner, the whole family will go on a 5km walk together. (obviously this activity is weather dependant, if it is raining I will substitute by doing the 5 minutvve work out followed by my yoga dvd)

Wednesday!

I dont start Uni until the afternoon so I will be doing a morning walk with Ethan and the dog. Then we will do a family walk after dinner again. Ill also be doing the 5 minute workout again!

Thursday!

Is a hard day for me as I have uni all day. But I will try and get in at least a walk in the evening, obviously weather dependant

Friday!

Again I have uni in the afternoon so I will do a morning walk with Ethan, then in the afternoon I will do all three of the 5 minute workouts!

Saturday! 

With my Mr home I will be tackling my first run. It will not be a straight run but rather, ill be using the interval training method, in which I will run for 30 seconds and walk for 30 seconds around the block. it will only be short but I have to start somewhere!

Sunday!

The family and I will be going into the streets of the annual festival we have here. Im sure there will be lots of walking completed!

That is my biggest tip when it comes to training, especially in the early stages! DONT push it to hard, if it hurts (physically) then stop! But if its more a mental pain, push through. I believe that working out and being fit is just as much a mental thing as it is physical.

Also, look at your day to day activities, If you get to the end of the day and feel you haven't done anything, look back at your day. Did you spend time cleaning the floors? chasing your kids? doing the food shopping? or even having sex! Then you have burned calories and it is all better than sitting on your bum doing nothing!

My plan for the first few weeks is just an introduction back into fitness. I don't want to push my body  hard that i break down this early on. Just a smooth transition into fitness.

Bring it on!


1 comment:

Leave me a comment and you will make my day :)